vrijdag 23 mei 2008

Mother knows best

Gevonden in een of ander boekske, herkennen jullie het?

"Every mum has a favourite quote you seem to hear constantly when you're young. Some loving, some scolding and some just plain annoying. Here's a list of some of the most common phrases.
  • Money doesn't grow in trees.
  • If I talked to my mother like you talk to me...
  • What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
  • If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
  • Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been!
  • I'll always be proud of you.
  • Because I'm your mother, that is why.
  • This is why we can't have nice things.
  • If you fall out of that tree and break your arm, don't come running to me.
  • Wait till your father gets home...
  • Who'll end up walking and feeding it...?"
Wie kent er nog andere?

1 opmerking:

  1. De favoriet van mijn schoonmoeder is momenteel : "Il faut faire avec", en dat kan avec iets vervelends (regen) zijn of iets fijns (zon).
    Tja, dat heb je met die zinnetjes he, te pas en te onpas :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Liever geen anonieme reacties, wij weten graag wie ons schrijft... Bedankt.
Anne